Spiral Stair People, a division of A Metal Works, has been in business since 1968, proudly serving Canadians from coast to coast.
The spiral stair kits we manufacture are elegant, durable and great space savers.
There are many spiral stair kit variations available that can be used in a variety of places; the interior of a home, cottage, office or a loft. They can also be used outdoors for easy access to a patio, balcony or deck.
Our spiral stair kits offer the best value found in today’s marketplace. Each stair kit is built with the highest standards of materials, workmanship and design — yet prices are well below any comparable stair kits.
We offer the “BEST BUY” in spirals, making us Canada’s leading manufacturer and distributor of spiral stair kits.
Our Metal Spiral Stair Kits Include:
- All steel construction with vinyl handrail
- Heavy 12 gauge formed steel treads, welded to a 4″ round collar that precisely slides over the 3½ ” diameter center pole
- Each collar is drilled and tapped to receive 3 cup point set screws to level and secure each tread
- 9″ x ¼” thick round metal base plate with eight ¼” holes to mount to flooring
- Ends of treads are curved for a clean, classic look
- Railing spindles with pre-drilled holes for fastening to treads and handrail
- All metal parts are finished in red primer
- All fasteners are included
- Spiral stairs fit in square well opening, minimum 2″ larger than stair diameter (recommended 4″)
- Kits are available in 6 diameters: 3½’, 4′, 4½’, 5′, 5½’, 6′
- Stairs can be installed either clockwise or counter clockwise
- Suitable for either interior or exterior use
- Normal assembly time is 4 – 6 hours using just a few basic tools
- Options available include oak tread covers, checker plate tread for more traction, as well as safety and decorative spindles
- Vinyl handrails are available in three colours – black, white, brown
A note about building codes:
Codes vary across the country, please consult your local authority. A Metal Works Inc. guarantees the stair kits for materials only; there is no representation or warranty other than for the quality of the materials supplied. We are not responsible for incorrect or inappropriate installation.
We are not responsible for product or installation compliance with building codes.